Hiya Hart Beat. How are you? Not much new here, just twiddling my thumbs in the studio instead of editing the pages I need to get done today to hit by my next deadline. IN OTHER NEWS here are a few things I’ve been loving aka have been distracting me from the editing I need to be doing. I would type to you more but my coffee is getting cold and I need to grab another cup from the house. Talk soon, Hart Beat. I do miss you.
- The new Goop podcast. Yes, it’s typical Goop, yes, Gwyneth is Gwyneth and you can feel however you feel about her still, yes, I realize that I may have only listened to the first episode because Oprah was the guest BUT it’s really good! I’ve loved BOTH episodes and genuinely can’t wait for the third episode next week.
- The new album, I’ll Be Your Girl, from The Decemberists. Especially the first song, “Once in My Life.” The entire album has me going back and listening to their older albums too.
- #cloglife. Not sure how I found this Instagram feed but I have spent way too long scrolling through the clog inspired lifestyle pics. Saw one was geotagged at Bates College library. Person running the account, do you go to Bates? Are you me six years ago? Is this a glitch in the matrix?
- Trying to make my way through this year’s Austin 100. Stephen Thompson, you impress me every year, this year is now different. I can’t even list all the artists that this yearly mix has introduced me to; hello Heartless Bastards, Laura Gibson, HAIM, Alabama Shakes, Daughter, Big Deal, to name a few. If you have the time and inclination I highly recommend listening to the playlist on Spotify, even if you weren’t lucky enough to go to SXSW.
- The portfolio of artist Etel Adnan in this seasons Paris Review “The Shape of the Mountain”. I wasn’t familiar with Etel’s work before the collection and now I’ve been trying to find out everything I can about her.