Morning, Hart Beat! As the internet made very clear yesterday, we are finally in summer! I am so so happy, Hart Beat. Summer is my favorite time of year and the only problem with it is that it usually goes by too fast. I’m happy this year that I’ll be spending most of the summer with my Grandmother and Aunt on our family’s summer house in Maine so I’ll be able to enjoy (hopefully) every minute.
That being said, like winter resolutions, I decided to compile a list of summer bucket list things that I want to get done before this time slips away. Maybe this is something all of us should do every start to a new season. It’s much easier than trying to remember New Years resolutions in August. Whether you’ve always wanted to go on a road trip to New Zealand and a motorhome hire in Queenstown is the next step in the planning process, visit Disneyland Paris, learn a new hobby or learn to drive, no matter what’s on your bucket list, finding ways to achieve them is what’s important.
- See the friends that I haven’t seen in the past few years (hi sister wives).
- Find a song that I like as much as Malibu (highly doubtful).
- Win a sailing race in the Berkshires.
- Skinny dip in the ocean.
- Read a book a week (should be easy for someone who’s daily responsibilities include watering my Grandmother’s flowers and going to the beach..)
- Play in my family’s August tennis tournament. (It was started the year I was born and my entire family plays in it every year. I have never competed.)
- Write every day.
What do you think, Hart Beat? If you were to make a list for the summer what would be on it?