Hi Hart Beat. Guess what? I’m finally over the flu! So many happy dances happening in Bay Ridge right now. This week of bed rest has gotten me thinking about ways I can (try) and boost my immune system this winter in Brooklyn. One thing that I’ve read a few times in the last month is the benefit of an ice cold shower. An article in The New York Times presented the idea as a way to get something really difficult out of the way early in the day. I’m not sure that reason for cold showers makes me want to take the plunge (ha) but other health benefits I’m reading seem pretty valid. Saying this though, it is different when it comes to choosing to have a cold shower and not having a choice because your hot water doesn’t work. If this is something you can relate to, it might be best to check out sites like https://uhvac.com to finally getting round to fixing this issue. This way, at least you can choose whether or not taking a cold shower is something you’d want to try out. If you are in the Canberra area, and it’s an emergency, then try this emergency plumber canberra.
But for those who are choosing the chill, apparently, turning the water all the way to ice ice ice cold for the last thirty seconds of a shower can help with the following,
- Increased alertness A way to wake up hella faster in the morning than three cups of coffee? Sounding promising.
- Clearer skin and healthier hair The acne trick that I wish I knew years ago. Plus shinier hair!? Sign me up.
- Improves immune system Yes, okay, I need help finally curing the flu but TBH I can’t really imagine ducking under an ice cold shower when I’m this sick. To each her own I guess…
- Stimulates weight loss ¯\_(?)_/¯ Not something I’m looking to do but I guess it should be added to the list.
- Eases stress …… I’ll take it. I’LL TAKE IT. I’ll try anything that helps ease stress. My shoulders are continuously in a state of painful tension.
- Relieves depression This is a huge statement that is hard for me to believe. I prefer to think of this benefit as cold showers “can help boost your immediate mood” which I personally, always can use. Winter is a hard time for me. Anything that I can find to help boost my mood is a good thing.
All of this info is coming from the internet (sites like Fast Company and Medical Daily so please know I didn’t consult a doctor writing this. Take all this with a grain of salt and NOT as an official medical suggestion. After reading all of this. turning the water all the way cold for the last thirty seconds of every shower is something I’m going to start this week. What about you, Hart Beat? If this is something you’ve ever even considered I would love to chat.
Update. I tried it. It is painful as hell but I’m gonna keep at it. Anyone else given it a try?