It’s mesmerizing. Right, Hart Beat? One of my favorite artists Libby Vander Ploeg, who has worked with Food52 in the past, published this PSA for International Women’s Day called “Life Each Other Up” earlier this month. Now in the days of social media these small(ish?) holidays are everywhere and I usually just pass them by. National Donut Day! National Hug a Friend Day! National you have a sibling day who cares we all have siblings day. They can be a bit much. Also, if every day is a holiday of some kind then they never seem special.
International Women’s Day though, it got me thinking. With everything shitty going on in the world, not to mention all the fear mongering and general hate happening in this country, it was nice to have a day where I was seeing all my favorite ladies being celebrated. From bloggers, to celebrities, to politicians, everyone was preaching wise words that they have heard from a women. So much love was spread.
The day got me thinking about how we should think about women and the roll we’ve all played in each other lives every day. And, even more than that, that we’ve got to lift each other up everyday. Because if we don’t, who will? That’s why I’m in love with this gif and am in love with you Hart Beat. As a belated International Women’s Day, here are a few posts I’ve published in the past waxing love for women everywhere.
- Reece Witherspoon preaching the lack of women in the film industry.
- Connie Britton and the actual secret to her FAB HAIR (spoiler, it’s feminism).
- A great book about women and our relationships with clothes.
- An interview with actor Julie Delpy on strong female leads.
- I’m Just Not Sorry anymore (and you can be too!).
- Thanks birth control!
- Quotes from some incredible young women working in the creative world today.
- You’re a babe.
- An interview with the (was new) Editor in Chief at Cosmopolitan.
- A video about being 35 and single.
Happy reading, Hart Beat!! And happy everydayshouldbewomens day!